You will be the kind of engineer who knows that writing good code is not the only thing that's required to deliver a stellar product. You know iteration is key, and take pride in great test coverage, slick design, and sensible architecture.
While working for a customer, you might notice that they are missing out on an opportunity and if you pitch it correctly, you might have the chance to put the idea into life. Shortcut's customers believe in us and often embrace our ideas to make their product even better. You will be equally motivated by helping your colleagues as well as our clients!
About the role
As a software engineer at Shortcut, you’ll have the opportunity to work with customer projects from our office as well as with cool on-site assignments, as part of the customer’s organization. You’ll work on a number of different projects, from small projects to longer commitments with a larger team. Together with Project Managers, iOS-, Android- and Fullstack- Developers, you’ll make our customers' visions a reality. If possible, we’d like for you to write clean, well-structured, and manageable code. We’d also like for you to participate in the estimation, planning, and prioritization process for new projects.
We are currently looking for mid-level/senior developers who either has a Norwegian work permit, or are EU passport holders willing to relocate.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in building scalable backend systems
- You have expert knowledge in Golang, Node.js or other languages
- You have experience in building APIs for mobile applications and/or web clients
- You have experience in working with cloud services such as AWS or Google Cloud
- You have experience working agile in collaboration with product owners/customers and other developers and testers.
- You speak English fluently
- You have experience in working in larger development teams with knowledge sharing and coaching
- You have experience in system architecture
- You have experience in DevOps work
- You have experience in automated testing at different levels
- You have experience in discussing technical architecture and integrations with customers and/or technical partners
- You speak Norwegian fluently
We're headquartered in Oslo, with offices in Bergen, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Bucharest. We are a collection of 180 Developers, Designers, Architects, Business Developers, and Project Managers. Our company culture is characterized by idealism, integrity, curiosity, and togetherness, fortified by a playful sense of humor and our love of technology.
We’re offering a position in an exciting work environment, with a healthy life/work balance, within a company that prizes a happy, innovative, and inclusive culture. You will get colleagues that are; curious, enthusiastic, and committed to delivering solutions that clients love. They see challenges as opportunities, and they’re passionate about making the best user experiences. Shortcut’s customers believe in us and often embrace our ideas to make their product even better. You will be equally motivated by helping your colleagues as well as our clients! We value high-quality personal development and growth, not only getting things done.
We'd love to hear from you!
This is us and maybe it's you too? If all this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have a chat with you to answer your questions.