Are you passionate about creating intuitive user experiences and beautiful digital designs?
At Shortcut, we are looking for a Designer to join our team working with design for mobile apps. Working with our customers and helping to ensure we continue producing apps of the highest standard.
The main focus of the design team is to create user experiences that matter. For us, this means working on apps that play an important role in people’s lives and generate value for the businesses behind the apps. You will fit in well with Shortcut if, like us, you are eager to use your skills to create a simpler and better everyday life for the end-user.
You will be involved throughout the design process, from user insights over concepts and prototypes to shippable products, and will be working with a wide variety of design methodologies. We strongly believe that design is a collaborative effort. Therefore, involving the end-users and working closely with our developers are both required in order to optimize the user experience.
We're curious about you if you have mastered the art of UX app wizardry and have 3+ years of experience, and can bring knowledge from previous app projects to our existing team of 6 designers.
Your Expertise + Skills
- Commercially minded with business skills and a strong customer focus
- Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate customers goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Identifying design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Being responsible for the concept, prototyping, interaction design, and visual design in continuous dialogue with the customer
- Illustrating design ideas with storyboards, wireframes, process flows, user stories, and prototypes
- Determining information architecture and create sitemaps
- Taking a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Conducting usability tests and gathering feedback
- Collaborating closely with developers and taking responsibility for setting functional requirements
- Making strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features
- Collaborating with team members and stakeholders.
- Asking smart questions, taking risks, and championing new ideas
Why us? Shortcut is a dynamic and recognized app agency (Børsen Gazelle in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). We’re offering a position in an exciting work environment, with a healthy life/work balance, within a company that prizes a happy, innovative, and inclusive culture. You will get colleagues that are; curious, enthusiastic, and committed to delivering solutions that clients love. They see challenges as opportunities, and they’re passionate about making the best user experiences. Shortcut’s customers believe in us and often embrace our ideas to make their product even better. You will be equally motivated by helping your colleagues as well as our clients! We value high-quality personal development and growth, not only getting things done.
Apply now by telling us what you’d love to do! If some of this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to enjoy a cup of coffee together and answer any questions you might have! If you have other qualifications that you believe will fit great into our team, please do not hesitate to be creative - that’s something we admire 🎉